2020 Range Rover Evoque vs. 2020 Range Rover Velar
Cargo Space (Behind 2nd Row)
296 hp turbocharged 4-cylinder MHEV
Standard InControl® Display
If you’re comparing the 2020 Range Rover Evoque vs. Range Rover Velar, you’re well on your way to a more enjoyable daily drive. After all, both of these Land Rover SUVs are just as stylish as they are capable. However, if you’re wondering whether the Evoque or the Velar is right for you, there are more than a few important differences that you should be aware of! We’ve covered pricing, features, dimensions, and performance below.
Range Rover Evoque or Velar: Pricing and Features
With a pricing difference of nearly $14,000 in their standard configurations, the new Evoque and the new Velar may appeal to different sorts of drivers! Although both offer plenty of features in their base trims, and both give you plenty of room to upgrade, their feature suites are far from identical:
- Shared Features: Just for starters, note that both models offer standard front/rear parking sensors, as well as LED headlights. Neither offers a head-up display or a gesture-controlled tailgate as standard, but both offer these features as options.
- Infotainment Display: With the Evoque, you’ll enjoy InControl® Touch Pro™ with a single ten-inch touch display. The Velar comes standard with InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo, which adds a second touchscreen for superior functionality.
- Seating Material: Where the Evoque interior offers standard grained leather seating, the Velar has been outfitted with slightly more luxurious perforated grained leather.
- Audio and Entertainment: In this match-up, only the Velar receives an 11-speaker Meridian™ Sound System as standard. The Evoque offers Meridian™ in higher trims, but its standard set-up is a 6-speaker audio system without as many bells and whistles.
Range Rover Evoque or Velar: Dimensions
Both of these SUVs have been designed to seat five passengers comfortably. However, the Velar is more spacious in most of the areas that concern Gilbert and Tempe drivers:
- Cargo Space: If you want to be prepared for anything, you’ll love that the Velar provides 34.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats upright. The more compact Evoque provides 21.5 cubic feet, but with either model, you can fold the rear seats down to make more room.
- Headroom: The Evoque has 39.9 inches and 38.3 inches of headroom, in the first and second rows, respectively. That’s with the standard roof, but you should know that the Evoque is also available as a convertible! The Velar has a maximum of 39 and 38.8 inches of front/rear headroom.
- Legroom: The Evoque has 40 inches in the front row and 33.8 inches of legroom in the rear. The Velar gives you and your passengers a little more room to spread out with 40.2 and 37.1 inches of front and rear legroom, respectively.
Range Rover Evoque or Velar: Performance
Comparing the Range Rover Evoque vs. Range Rover Velar, you’ll note that these models are more or less evenly matched in their base configurations. They both include turbocharged 4-cylinder engines with near identical amounts of horsepower. However, the difference between them becomes apparent as you upgrade:
- The Velar can be optioned with a wide range of engines. At the top of the line, you’ll encounter an exceptionally-potent 550-hp 5.0-liter supercharged V8.
- The Evoque, on the other hand, only offers one other engine option! Although this 296-hp turbo-4 is no slouch, those who want a more invigorating drive may prefer the Velar.
On towing capacity, the difference is no less apparent. A properly-equipped Velar can tow up to 5,512 pounds, while the Evoque tops out at 3,968 pounds.
Test Drive Both Range Rover SUVs at Land Rover Chandler
We know that you’ll find things you love in both the Evoque and the Velar, but since you can only choose one, we’re sure you’ll be eager to take a closer look. Start shopping our virtual showroom from your home in Phoenix today, or make an appointment to visit Land Rover Chandler and see both models in person.