Automotive Maintenance Tips
Part of being a responsible Land Rover owner is making sure you are conducting routine maintenance on your vehicle. Although there are specific services that should be performed by trained experts, according to the Land Rover maintenance schedule, there are a few basic things we encourage every Chandler driver to do on their own.Knowledge of these simple inspections can keep you safer on Phoenix roads and prolong the overall lifespan of your vehicle! Read on below for a list of the top ten automotive maintenance tips that we think you should know!
10 Maintenance Tips Every Car Owner Should Know How to Do
- Track Your Maintenance: Keeping a log of all your routine and as-needed maintenance will help you know when to get more service, or how to address other issues that may arise regarding your vehicle.
- Read Your Manual: Become familiar with your vehicle’s owner’s manual. This priceless resource should serve as your primary reference on any issue you may be suspicious of.
- Fuel-up Properly: Reference your owner’s manual or dealership to ensure you are fueling your car with the proper octane-level gasoline.
- Regularly Inspect Your Vehicle: Every so often, do a once-over of your vehicle interior and exterior. With the knowledge of your owner’s manual, you should be able to pinpoint potential problem areas.
- Check the Engine Air Filter: Reference your owner’s manual for your engine air filter location. Inspect and clean or replace it on a regular basis.
- Check the Engine Oil Level: Use your owner’s manual to locate the oil dipstick under your car’s hood. Check the oil level and color. If the level is low or the color dark, top it off or replace it, or visit our service center for an oil change.
- Check the Engine Coolant Level: Look on your coolant reservoir. You should see it says “full.” It the level is not to the full mark, you’ll want to add a premixed coolant or a 50/50 mixture of water and antifreeze until it reaches full. (While you’re under the hood, check your transmission fluid levels, too!)
- Inspect Tire Pressure: Check your tires inflation levels with a tire pressure gauge or at an air pump that has a PSI reader. Again, you owner’s manual will dictate proper PSI. Checking in extreme weather is even more important as cold can cause tires to deflate significantly.
- Inspect Tire Wear and Tear: Look at the wear and tear on your tires. Check to see if tires are wearing evenly by using a tire tread depth gauge or the classic penny test. If any one of your tires are significantly more worn than others, it’s time for a rotation or replacement.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: When Gilbert experiences heavy rainfall, you need wipers that work properly. Check for streaks or smearing, both of which are signs of worn or incorrect wipers.
More Tips and Tricks from Land Rover Chandler
Knowing the basics of auto maintenance can keep you safer on the road, and keep your vehicle in healthier, higher-performing condition. If you’re interested in scheduling service for your Land Rover or want to know more maintenance tips and tricks, please contact our dealership team. Whether you’re replacing the battery in a key fob or trying to handle some major repairs at home, our priority is keeping you on the road in a vehicle that operates its best.
More from Land Rover Chandler
What’s the difference between “Land Rover” and “Range Rover”? Land Rover is a brand, and the Range Rover is a specific Land Rover SUV. There is a further distinction between the specific Range Rover model and the Range Rover lineup (also known as the “Range Rover family”). The Range Rover lineup consists of four models:…
Land Rover offers many of their vehicles with a vast suite of eye-catching paint colors, and the 2021 Range Rover Velar is no exception! Whether you’re shopping for a model on our lot or you’d prefer to order a new model and have it delivered to our dealership, our guide to the Range Rover Velar…
The 2022 Range Rover Sport towing capacity tops out at 7,716 pounds, but how much can the Range Rover Sport tow with your preferred engine? In fact, when properly equipped, almost every configuration can reach the upper limit! We’ve broken down everything you need to know about the lineup before you move forward, and…