Land Rover vs. Range Rover: What’s the Difference in Chandler, AZ
What’s the difference between “Land Rover” and “Range Rover”? Land Rover is a brand, and the Range Rover is a specific Land Rover SUV. There is a further distinction between the specific Range Rover model and the Range Rover lineup (also known as the “Range Rover family”). The Range Rover lineup consists of four models: the Range Rover, the Range Rover Evoque, the Range Rover Sport, and the Range Rover Velar. Drivers comparing Land Rover vs. Range Rover often note that Land Rover SUVs have more of a rugged edge, while Range Rover SUVs tend to be more upscale, urbane, and luxurious.
Land Rover vs. Range Rover in Chandler, AZ: The Beginning
How did the distinction between Land Rover and Range Rover start? Land Rover wasn’t always the name of the brand, and the first Range Rover does not appear until more than 20 years after the name Land Rover is introduced! Find out more about Land Rover history to get some insight into the relationship between Land Rover and Range Rover SUVs:
- In 1885 Maurice Wilks founds the Rover Company originally as a bicycle manufacturer.
- After World War II, demand for military vehicles dropped, so the Rover Company switched its focus to utilitarian agricultural SUVs.
- In 1947, the Rover Company designs the Series 1 Land Rover model. This is the first time the Land Rover name appears.
- In 1967, the Rover Company is acquired by Leyland Motors, Ltd.
- In 1970, the high-end Range Rover model made its debut after the rise in popularity of leisure SUVs.
- In 1978, part of the Rover Company is separated and re-named as Land Rover Limited.
- In 1987, the Range Rover SUV is introduced to the U.S. market.
1978 was the beginning of Land Rover as a company. Even though Land Rover Limited ownership has changed a few times since then, the Range Rover continues to be the flagship model of the company.
Range Rover SUVs For Sale in Chandler, AZ
Every Range Rover belongs to the Land Rover brand, but not every Land Rover is a Range Rover. The Range Rover family has earned an unparalleled reputation with drivers who value limitless capability and luxury in equal measure, and Phoenix-area buyers currently have four different Range Rover SUVs to choose from:
- Range Rover — The original Range Rover model remains the brand’s flagship SUV. Its off-roading abilities are practically unparalleled, and it comes standard with four-wheel drive and five-passenger seating. Although it has the highest starting price, it also offers more luxury features than any other Land Rover or Range Rover SUV. It’s even offered with an optional extended wheelbase!
- Range Rover Sport — This model is also standard with four-wheel drive. The difference between this model and the classic Range Rover is that the Range Rover Sport is a little bit more versatile. It offers optional third row seating, and even delivers a little bit more power at the top of the lineup.
- Range Rover Evoque — No matter whether you choose the crossover or unique convertible configuration, this model provides a luxurious design, advanced features, and off-road capabilities at a more affordable price. It is standard with all-wheel drive.
- Range Rover Velar — The Velar offers all of the tech features that Land Rovers are praised for, however, if you’re looking for a more compact version of the beloved Land Rover Range Rover, the Velar is the model for you. This model is also standard with all-wheel drive.
Not sure which Range Rover is right for you? Explore the current Range Rover family price list with our team.
Land Rover SUVs For Sale in Chandler, AZ
If you’re comparing Land Rover vs. Range Rover, you might decide that family-friendly capacities and dependable off-road capabilities are just a little bit more important than high-end luxury features or ride quality on pavement. Don’t get us wrong, models from the Land Rover family are certainly luxurious! However, they have a rugged practicality that appeals to many drivers in Gilbert and Tempe.
There are currently three models in the Land Rover family, and all of them have something special to offer:
- Land Rover Discovery – The Discovery is built for strength and advanced safety whether taking the highway or the path less traveled. This full-size SUV even offers third-row seating.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport – The Sport model of the Discovery has many of the same features as the base model, but it’s smaller and more compact. This makes it a great entry-level luxury SUV, especially for those who want to hit the trails.
- Land Rover Defender – The Defender is a force to be reckoned with. It builds upon the legacy of the original Defender by offering some of the most impressive off-road capabilities that you can get in any Land Rover or Range Rover SUV.
Learn More About Land Rover vs. Range Rover in Chandler
Ready to get a closer look? Find out more about our new Land Rover models and compare them against other popular luxury SUVs and off-road models from Jeep. Once you’ve picked out a model, we can help you outfit your choice with Range Rover accessories or prepare for an adventure with the best off-roading tires. Visit us today to test drive a new Land Rover or a new Range Rover at our dealership! If you have questions in the meantime or want help doing more research, contact us at Land Rover Chandler.