Land Rover Off-Roading Tips
If you want to go off-roading near Phoenix in a new Land Rover, make sure you are prepared to maintain passenger safety and avoid vehicle damage. Get to know Land Rover SUV performance capabilities and towing capacities, then plan ahead for your trip with our helpful tips and the right off-roading tires at Land Rover Chandler. Be sure to contact us with any questions!
Off-Roading Tips and Tricks
Ready to take on Gilbert trails your Land Rover SUV? In addition to taking your Land Rover in for the latest recommended maintenance, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Carefully check rules and regulations: Please contact your local park office or off-roading facility to obtain permits and ensure that you’re allowed to off-road in the area.
- Get to know your model: Off-roading features may differ across Land Rover models, so consult your owner’s manual to understand things like when to shift into 4WD or lock the center differential in an AWD vehicle. This will help you make the most out of your Land Rover Experience.
- Pack for injuries and breakdowns: When doing intense off-roading activities, be prepared in case something goes wrong: first aid kits, flashlights, blankets, and other emergency supplies are always a good idea.
- Pack for getting stuck: Bring recovery gear in like a winch kit, traction mats, tire inflator/deflator, a folding shovel, a hi-lift jack, contact your local dealer about Land Rover accessories that can help with this.
- Fuel Your Car: This may seem like a no-brainer, but since off-roading requires a lot of power, be sure to fill up your gas tank before you leave to avoid getting stranded in the far from a gas station.
- Fuel Your Body: Off-roading is an adrenaline-pumping activity and you’ll want to make sure you are well-nourished and well-hydrated before heading out into the country.
- Stay Connected: Make sure you have a fully-charged phone and a car charger or portable charger with you, and tell someone where you’re going and when you plan to be back for safety purposes.
Land Rover Performance
Land Rover models are specially-designed to handle tough obstacles on and off the roads. Aside from a convenient moonroof to enjoy the views, you can count on the Land Rover performance features on your next off-road adventure include:
- Configurable Dynamics: Determines the throttle mapping, steering settings, suspension, and more.
- Commandshift™ 2: Allows you to use gearshift paddles for precise performance.
- Adaptive Dynamics: Monitors road (or trail) conditions and automatically adjusts for an improved ride.
- All-Terrain Progress Control: Helps you conquer any terrain or weather conditions, with a slow and steady speed so you can focus on steering.
- Terrain Response® and Terrain Response® 2: Terrain Response® allows the driver to adjust to various road conditions, while Terrain Response® 2 does it automatically.
Rely on Land Rover Chandler for Your Off-Roading Needs!
Before you depart on your next off-road adventure, road trip, or Chandler activity, stay in the know at Land Rover Chandler! Test drive a 2019 Range Rover or 2019 Discovery Sport to check out the latest off-roading technologies from Land Rover, or compare SUVs like the Range Rover Velar vs. BMW X3 to explore more options. Contact us to learn more about Land Rover products and services at Land Rover Chandler near Tempe.
More From Land Rover Chandler
We’ve all heard just how resilient and tough the iconic Range Rover is for the Phoenix area, but what about the 2020 Range Rover MPG? Just how many miles per gallon does a Range Rover get? You might be surprised to know that the latest models can generate up to 24 mpg in combined city/highway…
The 2020 Range Rover is the flagship model in the Land Rover lineup, and if you’ve done any research at all, you already know that it offers unparalleled combination of capability, technology, luxury. So, what can you expect from the 2020 Range Rover interior? Our team has broken down everything you’ll need to know before…
If you’ve been daydreaming about purchasing a new luxury vehicle, you’re probably considering a new Range Rover. The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover is available in a wide range of configurations, with pricing options from $90,900 MSRP, for the base model, to $209,500 MSRP, for the top-of-the-line SVAutobiography Long Wheelbase model. Of course, the celebrated…