Land Rover Off-Roading Tips
If you want to go off-roading near Phoenix in a new Land Rover, make sure you are prepared to maintain passenger safety and avoid vehicle damage. Get to know Land Rover SUV performance capabilities and towing capacities, then plan ahead for your trip with our helpful tips and the right off-roading tires at Land Rover Chandler. Be sure to contact us with any questions!
Off-Roading Tips and Tricks
Ready to take on Gilbert trails your Land Rover SUV? In addition to taking your Land Rover in for the latest recommended maintenance, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Carefully check rules and regulations: Please contact your local park office or off-roading facility to obtain permits and ensure that you’re allowed to off-road in the area.
- Get to know your model: Off-roading features may differ across Land Rover models, so consult your owner’s manual to understand things like when to shift into 4WD or lock the center differential in an AWD vehicle. This will help you make the most out of your Land Rover Experience.
- Pack for injuries and breakdowns: When doing intense off-roading activities, be prepared in case something goes wrong: first aid kits, flashlights, blankets, and other emergency supplies are always a good idea.
- Pack for getting stuck: Bring recovery gear in like a winch kit, traction mats, tire inflator/deflator, a folding shovel, a hi-lift jack, contact your local dealer about Land Rover accessories that can help with this.
- Fuel Your Car: This may seem like a no-brainer, but since off-roading requires a lot of power, be sure to fill up your gas tank before you leave to avoid getting stranded in the far from a gas station.
- Fuel Your Body: Off-roading is an adrenaline-pumping activity and you’ll want to make sure you are well-nourished and well-hydrated before heading out into the country.
- Stay Connected: Make sure you have a fully-charged phone and a car charger or portable charger with you, and tell someone where you’re going and when you plan to be back for safety purposes.
Land Rover Performance
Land Rover models are specially-designed to handle tough obstacles on and off the roads. Aside from a convenient moonroof to enjoy the views, you can count on the Land Rover performance features on your next off-road adventure include:
- Configurable Dynamics: Determines the throttle mapping, steering settings, suspension, and more.
- Commandshift™ 2: Allows you to use gearshift paddles for precise performance.
- Adaptive Dynamics: Monitors road (or trail) conditions and automatically adjusts for an improved ride.
- All-Terrain Progress Control: Helps you conquer any terrain or weather conditions, with a slow and steady speed so you can focus on steering.
- Terrain Response® and Terrain Response® 2: Terrain Response® allows the driver to adjust to various road conditions, while Terrain Response® 2 does it automatically.
Rely on Land Rover Chandler for Your Off-Roading Needs!
Before you depart on your next off-road adventure, road trip, or Chandler activity, stay in the know at Land Rover Chandler! Test drive a 2019 Range Rover or 2019 Discovery Sport to check out the latest off-roading technologies from Land Rover, or compare SUVs like the Range Rover Velar vs. BMW X3 to explore more options. Contact us to learn more about Land Rover products and services at Land Rover Chandler near Tempe.
More From Land Rover Chandler
How many seats come in a Range Rover? It’s no secret: The 2020 Range Rover offers room for up to five passengers to travel comfortably. This Land Rover SUV’s seating capacity drops to four if you decide to upgrade with Rear Executive Class Seats, but you and your passengers will have more room to spread…
The 2020 Range Rover Velar has shown us all how refined an SUV can really be, and with so many exciting Velar color options to choose from, it’s easy to find a model that reflects your unique personality and style. Don’t just take our word for it. Explore the Range Rover Velar colors with our…
Drivers across Phoenix and Gilbert trying to decide between Land Rover Range Rover configurations have to think about everything from features to engine specs, so we put together a quick guide covering everything you need to know. Once you’re done, don’t hesitate to contact your local authorized retailer to schedule a test drive. Contact Us…