Land Rover Off-Roading Tips
If you want to go off-roading near Phoenix in a new Land Rover, make sure you are prepared to maintain passenger safety and avoid vehicle damage. Get to know Land Rover SUV performance capabilities and plan ahead for your trip with our helpful tips at Land Rover Chandler. Be sure to contact us with any questions!
Off-Roading Tips and Tricks
Ready to take on Gilbert trails your Land Rover SUV? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Carefully check rules and regulations: Please contact your local park office or off-roading facility to obtain permits and ensure that you’re allowed to off-road in the area.
- Get to know your model: Off-roading features may differ across Land Rover models, so consult your owner’s manual to understand things like when to shift into 4WD or lock the center differential in an AWD vehicle. This will help you make the most out of your Land Rover Experience.
- Pack for injuries and breakdowns: When doing intense off-roading activities, be prepared in case something goes wrong: first aid kits, flashlights, blankets, and other emergency supplies are always a good idea.
- Pack for getting stuck: Bring recovery gear in like a winch kit, traction mats, tire inflator/deflator, a folding shovel, a hi-lift jack, contact your local dealer about Land Rover accessories that can help with this.
- Fuel Your Car: This may seem like a no-brainer, but since off-roading requires a lot of power, be sure to fill up your gas tank before you leave to avoid getting stranded in the far from a gas station.
- Fuel Your Body: Off-roading is an adrenaline-pumping activity and you’ll want to make sure you are well-nourished and well-hydrated before heading out into the country.
- Stay Connected: Make sure you have a fully-charged phone and a car charger or portable charger with you, and tell someone where you’re going and when you plan to be back for safety purposes.
Land Rover Performance
Land Rover models are specially-designed to handle tough obstacles on and off the roads. Aside from a convenient moonroof to enjoy the views, you can count on the Land Rover performance features on your next off-road adventure include:
- Configurable Dynamics: Determines the throttle mapping, steering settings, suspension, and more.
- Commandshift™ 2: Allows you to use gearshift paddles for precise performance.
- Adaptive Dynamics: Monitors road (or trail) conditions and automatically adjusts for an improved ride.
- All-Terrain Progress Control: Helps you conquer any terrain or weather conditions, with a slow and steady speed so you can focus on steering.
- Terrain Response® and Terrain Response® 2: Terrain Response® allows the driver to adjust to various road conditions, while Terrain Response® 2 does it automatically.
Rely on Land Rover Chandler for Your Off-Roading Needs!
Before you depart on your next off-road adventure, road trip, or Chandler activity, stay in the know at Land Rover Chandler! Test drive a 2019 Range Rover or 2019 Discovery Sport to check out the latest off-roading technologies from Land Rover, and contact us to learn more about Land Rover products and services at Land Rover Chandler near Tempe.
More From Land Rover Chandler
The terms moonroof and sunroof are thrown around interchangeably, but there is a difference between them. The differences lie in the materials as well as usage. A sunroof is made of glass or metal that slides open or pops up to allow light to flow into the cabin and a moonroof is a clear or…
There’s a lot to do in Phoenix, from water sports to hiking trails to visiting museums. And in order to fuel yourself to get around to all these places and take road trips in Chandler, you’ll need the right amount of caffeine. Be sure to visit one of the many coffee shops in Phoenix, AZ…
The Land Rover Range Rover price depends on the model and trim level. This can range from $41,800 for the lowest trim to $177,200 for the highest. Going higher up in trim levels means you gain more convenience and technology features to keep your Gilbert drive luxurious. Whether you go for the Evoque or the…