Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles and used luxury cars be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Land Rover Chandler has put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You’re bound to find Land Rover vehicles on the list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from Chandler to Tempe, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Phoenix streets.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership to avoid scams. You can rely on the Penske Pre-Owned Promise and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. We can also answer questions you have on your liability insurance costs.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Land Rover Chandler
You should find a wide selection of used Land Rover vehicles and non-Land Rover vehicles in our inventory. You can also rely on our car buying tips on things like guaranteed financing, improving your credit score, and more! Contact us today to find the next vehicle that will take you to all the fun things to do in Chandler, AZ!
Latest News from Land Rover Chandler
What’s the difference between “Land Rover” and “Range Rover”? Land Rover is a brand, and the Range Rover is a specific Land Rover SUV. There is a further distinction between the specific Range Rover model and the Range Rover lineup (also known as the “Range Rover family”). The Range Rover lineup consists of four models:…
Land Rover offers many of their vehicles with a vast suite of eye-catching paint colors, and the 2021 Range Rover Velar is no exception! Whether you’re shopping for a model on our lot or you’d prefer to order a new model and have it delivered to our dealership, our guide to the Range Rover Velar…
The 2022 Range Rover Sport towing capacity tops out at 7,716 pounds, but how much can the Range Rover Sport tow with your preferred engine? In fact, when properly equipped, almost every configuration can reach the upper limit! We’ve broken down everything you need to know about the lineup before you move forward, and…